Special procedures while there is a threat from COVID-19
Here at the Rowan Tree, we have always been committed to providing levels of high cleanliness with rigorous cleaning and hygiene procedures. Considering the current threat, we have taken additional measures to aid the safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff. We are closely monitoring the latest government advice through this changing situation and will update our procedures accordingly.
We understand that some of the measures in place will mean that there are some changes to our usual service however we strive to implement safe procedures to help protect our community, guests and staff whilst maintaining a high level of service and guest comfort. Plus continuing to remain environmentally aware and sustainable. We ask for your understanding and cooperation for your safety and the safety of our other guests and staff during these unprecedented times.
We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment for our hotel and restaurant and implemented several measures, but we also ask for your assistance to ensure the safety of guests and staff:
- If you have shown any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or live with someone who has suspected symptoms, please do not come to see us at this point
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning protocols have been developed for our guest bedrooms, restaurants, bar, public and staff areas and kitchens using antiviral and antibacterial products
- We encourage all guests and visitors to use the hand sanitiser available in public areas
- Increased hygiene measures for staff ensuring more regular, rigorous hand washing and personal protective equipment
- Staff will always wear face coverings while serving our guests, if it is in the current guidance or if our guests would like this.
- Physical distancing measures have been implemented in public areas. Some of this may be more subtle than the plastic screens and yellow tape you may see in some shops and we are also asking our guests to take responsibility for distancing. Please leave a distance of at least 2 metres from other guests.
- Staff will, at times be closer than 2 metres however time spent in close proximity will be limited (please don’t think we are being rude, we still like to chat, albeit from a distance!)
- Please respect signage and any staff requests regarding distancing and other measures in place for your safety and the safety of others
- Please do not approach the bar, we will be incredibly happy to serve you at your table
- Restaurant booking is mandatory and specified times for seating should be respected so we can manage the flow of guests to minimise contact with others
- Please be patient if you need to wait a little for our attention. We are trying our best to continue with a high level of service whilst we have the increased measures in place.
- Decorative items such as cushions and bed runners have been removed from rooms. Each bed will always offer freshly and hygienically cleaned linen.
- The guest information has been removed from your room. There are copies available for you to have at reception. We also have the information online. Please refer to the guest directory available on our website www.rowantreehotel.com/guest-directory
- As a safety precaution, rooms will be cleaned every three days rather than our usual daily clean. If you require any items replenishing or cleaning on any other days, please do just let us know and we will be incredibly happy to accommodate. Rooms will not be cleaned when guests are present
- We are asking that hotel guests use the toilet in their bedroom rather than the public facilities while staying with us
- Please leave windows open on check out
If you fall ill while you are staying with us, you must inform us immediately so we can arrange for the next steps to be taken in line with our procedures.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Do let us know if you would like any further details regarding our enhanced procedures.
We hope that you enjoy your stay with us and please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything at all we can do to make you feel more comfortable.
Jonny, Tamasina Cassidy and team.
The Rowan Tree Country Hotel and Restaurant